If you are a Linux person and you want to follow the awesome Hand Made Hero, here are how I am doing it(on Arch Linux).
- Install VirtualBox.
- Create a Windows virtual machine(at least Win7 + SP1, you can download a ISO image from here), pay attention to the hard drive size, 25G is too small, increase it to like 50G at least.
- In order to make the full scren mode work, we have to install something called Guest Addition. Go to Devices -> Insert Guest Additions CD Image…, then follow the instruction to download and install it. After it’s done, Full Screen Mode should work now.
- Install Visual Studio 2017 Community, it may prompt you to install latest .NET Framework, just follow the instructions.
- 如果你想激活，可以使用小马win7 激活工具，亲测可用。
- To make the Visual Studio C++ compiler work, we have to run a script called
vcvarsall.bat. The script location on Visual Studio 7 Community Edition is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Auxiliary\Build\vcvarsall.bat. But, in order to call it, we have to give a parameter
x86for 64bit system. You can also write
call "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Auxiliary\Build\vcvarsall.bat" x64in a bat file.